Are you ready to be treated with dignity and respect!?
Born out of a need for justice and equality after the taxi driver strikes of ’09 the United Taxi Workers of San Diego was formed.
By joining UTWSD we will:
- Have dedicated representatives fight for your rights;
- Advocate to have more input in the taxi rules and regulations that affect us every day;
- Campaign for “Taxi Drivers Bill of Rights”;
- Achieve better communication and relationship between our City, State, San Diego Police officials and M.T.S;
- End “kickback” demands from hotel doormen;
- Create Social, political and economic equality;
- Address any and all concerns of our members;
- MAKE OUR VOICES BE HEARD WITHIN OUR COMMUNITY.
United Taxi Workers of San Diego will also fight to end:
Safety concerns such as: Threats, vandalism and other violent acts;
Money laundering as well as illegal fines;
Advocate ending unjustifiable termination of workers;
Provide education on Taxi workers rights;
Campaign to receive workers benefits such as health care and much more…