The Taxicab Advisory Committee:
- Provides feed back on taxicab matters destined for Board action
- Reviews summaries of administrative hearing officer decisions concerning taxicab owner and driver penalties
- Resolves taxicab owner’s written grievances
- Reviews summaries of complaints concerning taxicab service
- Reviews vehicle inspection criteria, process, results, and rankings
- Reviews the annual fee schedule
- Approves taxicab rates of fare for the City of San Diego and the San Diego International Airport
- Comments on MTS’s work program concerning taxicab matters
Meetings are held four to six times a year in the Board Room at the James R. Mills Building and are open to the public.
The Committee has 17 members. One representative of the MTS Board of Directors, appointed annually by the Board, serves as Chair of the Taxicab Committee. The San Diego Tourism Authority, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority, San Diego Convention Center, and San Diego Travelers Aid Society, each appoint one representative, and two members are appointed from the hotel-motel industry. The taxicab owners elect seven owners to represent them, and currently there are three lease driver representatives.